Fantastic effort from Team Headingley who gained first place in the Early Career Researcher (ECR) Target Product Profile (TPP) competition at the OncoEng launch meeting. Indeed, all the teams did remarkably well and it was more about exposing the ECRs to this innovation tool that are important when considering product development. Congratulations to Maxime Berg, Morgan Nightingale, Hani Cheikh Sleiman and Ellen Slay. A special thanks to Dr Sarah Field for supervising the event.
The purpose of the competition was to allow:
- Networking – Introduce the researchers to each other and become acquainted with each other’s’ skills, experience etc.
- To begin to develop and understand the idea of clinical need and how this can be articulated in a quantitative manner.
- To think about the wider issues related to the introduction of a medical device.
- To ascertain the critical nature of quantitative benchmarks for the determination of success.
- The importance of ensuring that the user needs are fulfilled as far as possible and that some needs may require compromise due to conflict.